14 Jan We’re Looking For An Art Director (Contract Position)!
(Parental leave – replacement contract – 8 months)
If you want to work with an agency that is all about Healthy Strategy & Healthy Creative, we are your team! We are a small but mighty communications and advertising agency based in Montreal that is in search of creative leaders. We have extensive history with clients in the optical, consumer packaged goods, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and fashion industries, in short – we enjoy working with any brand that wants to elevate their game.
If you have tight CS6 skills, enjoy variety in your working day, can think on your feet and give direction well, then send us your portfolio! The successful candidate will work with a team of designers and report directly to the Studio Creative Director.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The candidate is responsible for translating marketing strategy into a visual or digital language that speaks to the target audience and expresses the brand equity. In many instances, the candidate will be paired with a copywriter, programmer and/or another designer to generate initial concepts. Once a direction is selected, he/she will be responsible to produce and oversee the finished work. He/she is responsible for coming up with creative solutions by understanding the current competitive marketplace and industry trends. He/she is responsible for researching, developing and creating effective and original concepts in-cross-channel campaigns (advertising campaigns, logos, banners, ads, brochures, press kits, trade show material, creative presentations, POP material, digital and social content). He/she must understand and is experienced in corporate branding, layout, typography, and color theory, as it relates to advertising in both print and digital media.
- Communication skills – must be able to listen to the account team to ensure that they understand briefs, and be able to clearly communicate the mandate at hand to other designers and team members.
- Creativity skills – must be able to come up with interesting and innovative ideas and ensure creative vision is respected.
- Leadership skills – must be able to direct and motivate their team members. He/she must need to be able to articulate their vision and oversee execution.
- Time-management skills – must be able to balance priorities and multiple projects across various clients while meeting strict deadlines.
- Partnership skills – must be able to work alongside copywriters and programmers, be able to commission photographers, artists, stylists and/or film-makers.
- Print-production – must demonstrate an understanding of print production processes, ensure production guidelines are respected and be able to prepare print-ready files, as well as take responsibility for them.
- Meticulous – must be driven by an attention to detail and have the ability to succeed in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Push ideas, pitch ideas and sell ideas to team
- Part of the connected world and love playing in the digital world.
- Excellent MAC computer skills with proficiencies in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- HTML, Flash, CSS and other web-related skills, an asset
- On-line social networking skills and experience, an asset
- Must be bilingual (English and French)
- Must be able to handle feedback well
Graphic Design diploma – nice to have
8-10 years relevant experience
Extensive portfolio of work
If you want to work at an agency that is all about Healthy Strategy & Healthy Creative, then we are your space!